Back to projects
The property owner required a negotiated contract with a selected contractor based on tailored quantity surveying services on the refurbishment of a 5-storey end terrace stone town house with a new single storey kitchen extension. External works incorporating a new brick built single garage and rear paved terrace courtyard garden.
The house is Grade II listed and the design intent for a light and spacious contemporary look incorporating an open ceiling kitchen extension by using roof lights and glass sliding doors and blinds. The heating and electrical systems were contractor designed to provide convenient functional modern day living.
The client required a sympathetic, competent approach to the works in respect the existing buildings heritage and city centre location, especially with due regard to the proximity of neighbouring properties.
Other characteristics include:
• New internal heating and electrical services installations including broadband and wi-fi.
• Conversion of internal basement areas into bedroom, store and utility/laundry room.
• Underpinning and waterproofing works to basement.
• Conversion of top floor roof space into TV Room.
• Side extension on two floors to form family bathroom and Master Bedroom.
• Remedial Party Wall works.
The project, comprising alterations and extensions to the town house including new garage was procured by formal interview, detailed negotiation and agreement, based on specification, drawings and bills of quantities. The contract was awarded to Kingerlee Ltd under a JCT Intermediate Building Contract 2016 with Contractors Design.