Back to projects
PSP was appointed by FAI Farms Limited to provide an indicative cost estimate for conversion of an existing barn to form seminar facilities and for conversion of existing stables to form offices, meeting rooms and welfare facilities. The farm is a working farm and minimum disruption is essential to the continued running of the complex.
The existing buildings are to retain the character of farm buildings and facade treatment is minimal with the main structural elements to be repaired. External walls and roof to be insulated to achieve appropriate U-values with new roof coverings to the stables. New ground floor slabs required and all partitions are to be lightweight construction. Conservation roof lights introduced to bring daylight into the rear of the stable block. New mechanical and electrical installations including use of existing biomass boiler and introduction of additional PV roof panels.
- Significant wall and roof strengthening works to repair damaged timber structures.
- Insulation products to be wood fibre based
- Full AV installation to seminar room
- Underfloor heating to ground floor areas fed from an existing biomass boiler
- Habitat protection for birds and bats with construction works restricted to certain time periods External wall panel repairs in matching timbers
The project is proposed to be procured traditionally and will likely use a JCT Intermediate Form of Contract 2016 Edition. There is likely to be a number of contractor design packages.